Due to the higher volume of orders coming in, some orders may take up to 48 hours to process and ship. We appreciate your understanding!Enjoy FREE shipping on all orders!
South Central College wants you to be successful. As part of that mission, we allow every student with a current FAFSA on file with SCC the ability to charge all necessary textbooks and supplies to their student accounts. This means you can have your books for the first day of class without having to worry.
Students must meet the following guidelines to charge textbooks and supplies.
- Students must be currently enrolled in South Central College courses.
- A SCC student ID is required for all charges. (Your student ID is at the top of your class schedule or on your SCC student ID card.)
- Students must have a current FAFSA on file with SCC to be eligible to charge to their student account.
- Students must not have any holds on their account.
Online Textbook Charging Dates
Online ordering dates are as follows:
- Fall Semester: Opens August 1st and closes the 2nd Friday of the semester
- Spring Semester: Open December 12th and closes the 2nd Friday of the semester
- Summer Session: Opens May 8th and closes the 1st Friday of the session
Orders will begin being processed and shipped two weeks before the semester starts. Placing an order prior to this date will secure your place in line when orders are pulled and processed. We strongly recommend all textbook purchasing to be completed online. All online orders are sold and shipped from our North Mankato Textbook Center and currently ship free of charge to students. On campus locker pickup options for both campuses are also available at checkout. Textbooks may also be purchased in-person at our North Mankato Textbook Center during business hours.
Is Someone Else Paying for Your Books?
If you have a company, agency or organization purchasing your textbooks for you, we must have documentation from them on file in the Textbook Center before you can charge. This information can be emailed to email@example.com . Any documents should include your full name and SCC student ID/StarID. Please allow up to 48 hours for processing. Some restrictions apply as to what items can be charged. Please email with any questions.
Examples of these organizations include: Rehabilitation Services (RS), Minnesota Valley Action Council (MVAC), Post-Secondary Education Opportunities (PSEO), Pipeline Grant, Minnesota Department of Economic Trade Act Training (TAA), South Central College Presidential Scholarship Recipients, Workforce Development, and Veterans Benefits (VETS).
Textbook Purchasing Options – What Do They Mean?
Print: This is a physical textbook that you can receive either in the mail or on campus. It will either be bound or loose leaf, which will require a binder to keep together. Print books may be bundled with an access code so it’s important to be careful not to throw your items away until you know for sure what you have and need for your courses. The Textbook Center cannot give out additional codes if you have misplaced yours. You will be required to purchase a new one.
New Books: New textbooks arrive at the Textbook Center brand new from the publisher. These may sometimes come wrapped in plastic.
Used Books: Used textbooks are books that have been used by another student previously but are still in good condition. These books may have highlighting or notes written inside but are still ok to use for your class. Used textbooks are a cheaper option than new ones if you are looking to save money.
Digital: Digital means “E-Book” which is an electronic version of the print copy of the book. You will receive an email with instructions on how to access this item from the company the E-Book is accessed through, either RedShelf of VitalSource. Nothing will be physically mailed to you. *Due to the nature of E-Books, once they have been opened or activated they are no longer eligible for a refund.
Access Code: This is either a physical code that will be mailed to you or a code that will be added to your Bookstore Account. Physical codes are in an envelope or a cardboard card. Your access code is your textbook for your course. Certain electronic access codes that can be activated from your Bookstore account can be found by clicking “My Account” and then choosing “Activate and Access E-Books”. *Once an access code has been opened, activated or scratched off it is no longer eligible for a refund.
Inclusive Access Course: Inclusive access means you will have instant access to your textbook materials online through D2L on the first day of the course, just for being enrolled. You will have an automatic charge added to your student account during the second week of the term, so no additional purchase is required. You will have the option to “opt-out” if you do not want your materials but this must be done during the first five days of the term, and you will lose access to your course if you choose to opt-out. You are responsible for watching you student account and making sure this fee is paid.
Supply Kit: This is a kit of specific course-related supplies you will use in class.
- If one or more of your courses is listed as an “Inclusive Access Course”, we do not require payment at the time of checkout. You will automatically have access to these materials on the first day of class through D2L. A single bookstore charge for these courses will be added to your student account during the second week of the term regardless of the number of inclusive access courses you are enrolled in. Please read the full information on each course listed as “Inclusive Access” for more details.
- Need a password reset? This can be done by clicking the “Forgot Your Password” under the “My Account“ tab.
- If you experience issues placing your online order, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure to include your first and last name, student ID number/StarID with a brief explanation, and a screenshot of the page you are having problems with. During high volume times such as the start of a semester, it may take up to 48 hours for a Textbook Center staff member to respond.
- You can find even more tips by clicking the “FAQ” page under the “Help” tab on the bookstore website.
The South Central College bookstore is unable to ship to PO Boxes. Please use a physical street address for your order, or select an on-campus locker pickup at checkout.