Due to the higher volume of orders coming in, some orders may take up to 48 hours to process and ship. We appreciate your understanding!Enjoy FREE shipping on all orders!
PSEO Textbook Information
PSEO Textbook Ordering Information
- PSEO program pays for all REQUIRED textbooks, PSEO students are RENTING from SCC.
- DO NOT use a credit card to pay for PSEO textbooks, choose “StudAcct/PSEO/Other”.
- PSEO students are REQUIRED to return physical textbooks.
- If a class is dropped textbooks must be returned within FIVE business days.
- PSEO students are required to have an SCC BOOKSTORE website account.
- PSEO students need to add “PSEO STUDENT” in the comment box at checkout.
- PSEO program does not pay for optional/recommended materials. If you wish to order these items, you will need to purchase them yourself.
PSEO Returning Course Materials
- All returned materials must be in the same condition they were received in at the end of each semester. Minimal highlighting and marking are acceptable.
- SCC Textbook Center staff will inspect all materials to make sure they are in good condition. We are not able to accept back textbooks that have water damage, bite marks, ripped, torn, or missing covers/pages, or are soiled in any way.
- If after inspection, the Textbook Center staff deem the book unreturnable, the student will have a charge placed on their South Central College account for the USED price of the item.
- Items not returned by the Friday of the last week of the term (SCC finals week) will also result in a charge for the USED price of each item placed on the student’s account.
- If you drop a course prior to the end of the semester, you will be required to return ALL materials for that course within FIVE business days. Items not returned within FIVE business days will be charged to the student account at the USED price.
- These charges must be paid prior to registering for future semesters, or for transcripts to be released.
Items not required back at the end of the semester
*If you are a PSEO student who ordered one of these items and did not use it, it needs to be returned.
USED stand-alone access codes (Ex. Cengage Unlimited, Revel, Hawkes Math Codes, etc.)
USED Supply kits
USED Art kits
USED Lab & lecture packets
USED Instructor made packets
**PSEO Culinary Arts students will be required to return all books and supplies at the end of the term.
Textbook Purchasing Options – What Do They Mean?
Print: This is a physical textbook that you will receive wither in the mail or on campus. It will be bound or a loose leaf which will require a binder to keep it together. These books may be bundled with an access code so it is important to be careful not to throw your items away until you know for sure what you will be needing for classes. The bookstore cannot give additional codes out if you misplace yours. You will be required to purchase a new textbook.
Digital: Digital means an electronic version of the print copy of the book. You will receive an email with instruction on how to access this item from the company the E-Book is accessed through, either RedShelf or VitalSource. Nothing will be physically mailed to you.
*The PSEO program only pays for one type of textbook per title, so PSEO students can select either print or digital, but not both.
Access Code: This is either a physical code that will be mailed to you or a code that will be added to your SCC BOOKSTORE website account. Physical codes are in an envelope or a cardboard card. Your access code is your textbook for your course. Electronic access codes can be activated from your SCC BOOKSTORE account. Click on “My Account” and choose “Activate and Access E-Books”.
*Once an access code has been opened, activated, or scratched off it is no longer eligible for a refund.
Inclusive Access: Inclusive access means you will have instant access to your textbook materials online through D2L on the first day of the course just for being enrolled. You will have an automatic charge added to your student account during the second week of the term, so no additional purchase is required.
Supply Kit: This is a kit of specific course-related supplies you will use in class.
As a reminder from the PSEO Student Policy, Contract & Release form:
I understand that course materials (such as textbooks) required for my class(es) are RENTED and must be returned by the last day of the semester. If I drop or withdraw from my class(es) during the semester, I will return any rented materials within five business days of the drop/withdrawal date. I understand that I will be charged for any rented course materials that are not returned within these timeframes.
Additionally, I understand that I am responsible for returning my materials in the same condition I received them. Minimal highlighting and writing are acceptable. All materials will be inspected in the bookstore upon return for water damage, excessive soiling, torn or ripped covers and pages, bite marks, or other damage that would reduce the value of the book. Upon inspection, students who return items the SCC Textbook Center deem damaged will be charged the used price for each item.
- Need a password reset? This can be done by clicking the “Forgot Your Password” button in the “My Account” tab.
- If you experience issued placing your online order, please contact us directly at email@example.com Make sure to include your first and last name, student ID number with a brief explanation, and a screenshot of the page you having problems with. During high volume times such as the start of a semester, it may take up to 48 hours for a staff member to respond.
- You can find even more tips by clicking “FAQ” under the “Help” tab on the bookstore website.
The South Central College bookstore is unable to ship to PO Boxes. Please use a physical street address for your order, or select an on-campus locker pickup at checkout.